ORGANISERS of the Plastics Recycling Awards Europe have announced the awards will be expanded to eight categories next year, following the success of the inaugural event this year.
Winners will be announced at a gala dinner at the RAI, Amsterdam on April 10 after the first day of the Plastics Recycling Show Europe.
Entries for the awards will open later this month and close by 23 November. The eight categories for the Plastics Recycling Awards Europe 2019 are:
- Plastics Recycling Product Technology Innovation of the Year
- Plastics Recycling Machinery Innovation of the Year
- Recycled Plastic Packaging Product of the Year
- Plastics Recycling Ambassador of the Year
- Building & Construction Recycled Plastic Product of the Year
- Household & Leisure Recycled Plastic Product of the Year
- Automotive Recycled Plastic Product of the Year
- Electrical & Electronic Recycled Plastic Product of the Year
Ton Emans, PRE president said, “The launch of the awards demonstrated that number of brands are confident about using recycled plastic in their products, which in its quality is comparable to the virgin one. With the second edition, we want to show that there is a myriad of applications in which recycled plastics are and can be used. It is important to show that secondary materials are used not only in niche applications, but are perfect for products of everyday use.”
Matt Barber, event director of the Plastics Recycling Show Europe added, “The very high number of entries received and the outstanding quality of our finalists and winners for this year’s awards have led us to expand the award categories for the coming year, to reflect the growing range of different ways in which plastics are now being recycled. It is also the right time to give the awards ceremony a fitting stage of its own, so for 2019 the winners will be announced at a spectacular gala dinner.”