Smurfit Kappa is celebrating after picking up seven prizes at the 2015 Starpack Awards, including a gold.
In a best ever for Smurfit Kappa UK, the company was lauded for its approach to packaging with the judges commenting “Simple, intuitive, with no need for instructions,” and, “Real point of sale impact.”
The awards were:-
• Gold – Point of Sale – PepsiCo Walkers Mixups merchandising unit – Smurfit Kappa Abercarn
• Silver – Point of Sale – PepsiCo Walkers Doritos Score and Win merchandising unit – Smurfit Kappa Abercarn
• Silver – Effective Use Of Packaging – Galaxy Little Treats RRP – Smurfit Kappa Zedek
• Bronze – Retail ready Packaging – Galaxy Little Treats RRP – Smurfit Kappa Zedek
• Bronze – Retail ready Packaging – Unilever Pot Noodle RRP – Smurfit Kappa Yate
• Bronze – Materials Innovation – Clinical Supplies Cartridge – Smurfit Kappa Leeds
• Bronze – Transit Industrial Packaging – Clinical Supplies Cartridge – Smurfit Kappa Leeds
Phil Husband, innovation development director at Smurfit Kappa UK said, “The award winning PepsiCo Walkers Mixups merchandising unit is a highly innovative design featuring a five colour pre-printed liner for economies of scale, and by using an integrated XXL corrugator the merchandising unit was converted as a single-piece item.
“The units are designed to be durable to withstand the supply chain as well as the rigours of the retail environment. Additionally, the units feature 3D impact using protruding pack shots, a first for the PepsiCo Walkers brand. With all four sides available for shopping, the twin wall corrugated units are suitable for the busy store environment, ensuring they retain their high-quality impact for the duration of the campaign.
“An accompanying flat-packed, header and accessory kit allowed store managers to easily, and cost-effectively add height and additional impact to the prefilled displays.”
Tagged Smurfit Kappa