Firm reports increased demand for recycled plastic pallets has announced the firm has seen a ‘strong increase’ in demand for its recycled plastic pallets as customers become more environmentally conscious.

MD Jim Hardisty said the UK Government’s plans to introduce a ‘plastic tax’ on plastic packaging with less than 30% recycled content has made the ‘moral case’ for using recycled plastic pallets a business case as well.

“As plastic packaging suppliers we should all be looking for ways to reduce the amount of virgin plastic we use and where possible replace this with recycled material; it’s essential for the environment, and makes long term financial sense,” he said.

“At, we are proud that 96% of the plastic pallets we supply are made entirely from recycled material meaning that they go above and beyond the threshold needed for plastic packaging; we will be working hard to maintain this. The remaining 4% of course are made from virgin material which is necessary for some applications, particularly customers operating in ultra-hygienic environments, where pallets may come into contact with food or pharmaceutical products.

“This year we have also taken our environmental commitment one step further by pledging to recycle each and every plastic pallet and box we supply to our customers. So far this year we have helped our customers recycle more than 134 tonnes of plastic waste.”