Innovation at the heart of UK’s biggest packaging event
THE UK’s leading packaging show, Packaging Innovations, running alongside Label&Print and Empack, will be opening its doors in less than a week, on 25 & 26 February at Birmingham’s NEC. The event will showcase all that is new in the packaging industry from the very latest designs and ideas to innovations and machinery, with over 70 percent of UK and international companies launching new products, services and upgrades to the market.
- Seufert Transparente will be unveiling its new PET promotional packaging with light effects for the drinks market.
- Future Pak will be launching ‘HOT FILL PET’ for Thermoforming which enables material to be filled with liquid or solids of up to 95°C
- For those in the beauty sector, Baralan, are launching its new packaging line for nail polish – ELEONORA
- Promens will debut its Prestige Wooden Caps, alongside its Slidissime, a tactile ‘touch & slide’ pump with revolutionary airless technology.
- Herma UK will roll out its new Herma Basic label applicator to the UK market.
- Tecnico is launching three new products, its new two-colour TC-TWIN ink jet printer range; a new mineral-oil free ink for carton coding and its new ‘woven belt printer’ TZ-54.
- Audion Swissvac will be presenting its brand new D775 MPCV Validatable Medical Continuous Sealer, its Airpillow Machine and Speedpack Hybride Bagging Machine.
- Martek will be exhibiting its EBS-260 handheld inkjet printer for the very first time.
- Afinia will be introducing its DLP=2000 Digital Label Press to the UK market.
- Coveris Rigid UK will be highlighting its lightest weight 38mm cap ever, specifically for the beverage industry, which boasts a 33% weight saving.
In addition to new launches, visitors will be able to grab some exclusive offers and services on the show floor:
- Benson Group will be hosting the Benson Group’s Theatre of Food on its stand, where Masterchef winner Dhruv Baker will be tempting visitors with his signature blend of Asian and European cuisines, served in Benson’s range of carton tray packaging.
- A E Adams, celebrating its 50th Anniversary, are giving visitors to its stand a chance to win £50, with its celebratory ‘Golden Ticket’ competition.
- BPIF Cartons are launching a new video which is a step-by-step guide to the carton production process, highlighting the vast range of pack options and styles available.
- Recoup will be on hand to provide free, one-to-one recycling advice in its ‘Plastics and Packaging Clinic’.
- The Parkside Flexibles Group stand will play host to a brand new organisation, ‘Women in Packaging’, designed to connect, support and recognise female employees within the Packaging Industry.
In addition to a show packed with exhibitors, this year’s show also sees innovative and educational features including:
- Full Learnshops Programme
- Ask the Experts
- The Drinks Symposium
- The Retail Symposium
- The Pharmaceutical Symposium
- The Ecopack Challenge
- 3D Print Live Demos
- The BIG Print Debate
- Packaging Consultancy Clinic
- Lions’ Lair
- BPIF Cartons’ Chatroom
- Recoup Plastics and Packaging Clinic’
- Pack Personalisation
- The Mad Hatter’s Drinks Party
Tagged Packaging Innovations